Pages

Thursday 8 April 2021

Stations Of The Cross 2021



Stations Of The Cross is a performance to show the young students how Jesus died on the cross.

The people in the Stations of the Cross were Jesus, The guards, Pontius Pilate, Mary, Simon and his three friends, Veronica with her friends, and the women of Jerusalem.


We each played a role as the people in the Stations of the Cross. My role was Simon of Cyrene to help Jesus carry the cross. The other actors that were behind us followed us as we went through all the stations.


The Stations of the Cross has at least 14 stations. I was in the play until station 5 to 11 then I sat down in front of the audience with the other actors when I was finished.

When I was carrying the cross I felt very proud of myself like I was finally accomplishing something big in my life and finally understanding how important religion is to me. After the 3 final stations the actors must go out the room and go back and change back to our uniforms.

I was very proud of myself, so proud that I could cry.


It was extremely exciting but I was also nervous because I was afraid I was going to fail or mess up my role in the play but I completed it and it was fun. The actors were really good at acting. It was like they were actually living in the story. The young students were amazed too including the teachers.


No comments:

Post a Comment